Imagine

Imagine

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Facebook Admin

Today is Sunday and the Little Critter is with his Ninny. I miss him when he is gone. I have no idea of what to do without him. So I decided to take the time without him and get some blogging done. I have mentioned before that I admin on some Facebook pages, as well as running my own businesses. I figured now would be a great time to touch base on those; Especially as I am gearing up towards a few Valentine’s Day things on a few of them. This will be a two part post. Today I will cover the pages I admin on and tomorrow I will cover my businesses.

First, the definition of "Admin". This is the best definition and description I could find and is much better said than I could have done:

"On Facebook, an administrator, or admin, is someone who oversees a group page. When you see the "Make Admin" button, that means that you have created a group or you are an admin for a group, and you can select other people to become admins as well. An admin has access to several functions that a normal group member is unable to access. As an administrator, you have access to the entire group. You are responsible for adding new members, approving requests, deleting content or members, and monitoring action within your group. An admin is also able to change the name and photos associated with the group, in addition to the content found within the group. Only admins can add, delete and ban members or content. You may choose to have multiple administrators for your group, particularly if you need to split the responsibility of monitoring the group or if your group is very large. By having more than one admin, you give the responsibilities of group monitoring, accepting and deleting members, and other administrative functions to another person so that an additional person can help you manage your group."  (http://www.ehow.com/info_8515777_make-admin-mean-facebook.html)


Sisterhood (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sisterhood/737576146270684)
The first page that I admin on is called Sisterhood. “Want to join our Sisterhood? Well come on in, grab a cup of coffee and lets chat. We're here for you.” We are just what the name portrays. A sisterhood of
women (and actually a few men) spread out not only across the country, but across the world. We play games and ask questions; share inspirational pictures and motivational quotes; we are there for each other when needed and provide a listening ear, as well as a swift dose of bluntness when needed. Something someone once said came to mind as I wrote that. “I don’t sugar-coat things. This isn’t Willy Wonka’s Chocolate Factory.” That is exactly how we are. Our admin group of 7 and our fan group of 3,409 are all sweet as can be. But we don’t hold back. Have you ever met siblings that did? Siblings are usually more blunt and honest with you than any other person in the world. And we are brothers and sisters, no matter our parentage or location. It doesn’t matter that 99% of us have never met face-to-face. We’re still family.

Hike Those Likes America (https://www.facebook.com/HikeThoseLikesAmerica)
The second page I admin on, I am actually new to. It is called Hike Those Likes America and that is only part of what we do. We're here to help you share & sell AMERICAN wares through your networking skills so as to reach a wider audience for you business page. Most of the businesses that use our page are crafty
businesses (I use it myself for one of my businesses I’m going to tell you about in my next post), but our
community is open to small businesses of all creeds, not just crafters. We like for you to use our page to SHARE your wares, SHARE your events, SHARE your special offers on our wall WHENEVER & AS MUCH as you wish to! We are a community looking out for one another, helping to bring awareness to all small businesses as well as helping small businesses succeed with tips, tricks, encouraging posts and pictures. We welcome YOU to ask or lend advice and/or support, and to motivate & encourage one another, as this is networking at its best. We encourage you to use our wall as an extension of your own and to use our many different resources to improve your sales, exposure, and business in general. Pictured is a recent post on the page.

4 comments:

  1. SM marketing is very important! It is how others know about the great content you write! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is EXTREMELY important. I know that I use it every day. And if I hadn't, I would still be making crafts for my own personal use instead of as a way to generate income to take care of my kids. There is more on my business in the "Being My Own Boss" article.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you have your hands full being an admin to just two pages. Wow! Thanks for sharing the two pages. I'll go check them out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have my hands full with this! I also run two more Facebook pages that are my own personal businesses. I hope that you like what you see on these two pages! If you would like more information on my personal businesses, please check out the "Being My Own Boss" article. Thanks!!!

      Delete