Imagine

Imagine

Saturday, January 4, 2014

My Thoughts on Hot Tea Month

So January is Hot Tea Month. Did you know that? I sure didn’t. But I’m glad to see a month dedicated to my favorite beverage. My favorite thing to do before bed is to make me a cup of hot tea. My mood decides what kind of tea I drink. Lately, I have been drinking Bigelow Chamomile tea to relax. Herbal tea is definitely an acquired taste. It took me quite a few tries before I learned to like it. Now it is to the point that I keep a box of each of my favorite teas at the places where I spend most of my time. Included in those teas are my Chamomile and my “Sweet Dreams” tea both by Bigelow. I used to drink the Celestial Seasonings brand teas. And in fact, my 3 year old and 7 month old still do drink the Celestial Seasonings “Sleepytime Kids” tea. It is great at helping them to relax and unwind at the end of the day. It is grape flavored, so neither one realizes that they are drinking an herbal tea. It is also caffeine free with extra Vitamin C. So not only does it help them get a better night’s sleep, it also helps to boost their immune system. Like the kids, I also enjoy a cup of warm nighttime tea as well. I have learned that if I make it all the way through a cup of “Sweet Dreams” then it is highly likely that I will sleep through the entire night with no interruptions. It is very rare that I manage to make it through an entire cup before falling asleep, however. That tells me that it is an amazing tea! Who needs manufactured sleeping pills with who knows what in them when I can just drink a cup of herbal tea?

I think that January being Hot Tea month is amazing. It is the perfect weather for enjoying a cup of hot tea, no matter what brand or flavor you drink. Whether it is herbal or not, a cup of hot tea will still make you feel amazing when you come in out of the cold. Hot tea is also amazing for sore throats. Add a bit of honey to coat your throat and you’ll feel amazing. J



No comments:

Post a Comment