Imagine

Imagine

Monday, January 13, 2014

Super Soft Playdough With Only 2 Ingredients

So today I have decided to do something a bit different. I have told you about the Critter Kids. Well, I wanted to share a project with you that I planned to make with them this week! I will post pictures and a review afterwards. :) I got this idea from http://pagingfunmums.com/2013/11/01/soft-as-a-cloud-playdoughusing-only-2-ingredients/


They say that this is only 2 ingredients, but to get colored playdough, it actually takes 3:

1 part conditioner

2 parts corn flour/corn starch

Food coloring (optional)


And yes, they mean actual hair conditioner! They used HomeBrand Everday Conditioner in Apple Splash scent. Wonder if you end up with scented playdough? That would be really cool!

Here are their steps:



Step 1

Pour your conditioner into a bowl (we used a home brand conditioner – note that not all conditioners are of the same consistency so you may need to add a little more or a little less corn flour to get the right consistency for you)

Step 2

Pour in the corn flour

Step 3

Give the mixture a good stir

Step 4 (optional)

Add a few drops of food colouring

Step 5

Mix well using your hands. This part smells delicious!

Step 6

Have FUN moulding, squishing, shaping and playing with your new Playdough!



*Please note, this recipe is not able to be digested, so please ensure the kids keep it out of their mouth.

6 comments:

  1. Cool recipe for play dough! I've never made it that way when my kids were little. I'll have to share it with my 10-year-old daughter though. She loves making things just to be making them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As does my almost 4 year old. :) I can't wait to try it with her!!!

      Delete
  2. That makes me wanna play too... Lovely pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't take credit for the pictures. I got them from the same site that I got the recipe from.

      Delete
  3. I am 45 years old and I want to make this tomorrow. Love it. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete