Imagine

Imagine

Friday, January 17, 2014

Self Interview on Business

I decided to do a few business related posts. I wrote this post in the form of an interview with myself done by an outside source. Hopefully someone will benefit from my advice. Please let me know if you do!!!

Sometimes running a creative business on your own can be a bit overwhelming! And there are times when you just want to give up. One crafter turned her hobby into a budding small business. Let’s see how she did it!!!!

Tink of Bedtime By Tink began her bedtime crafting business as a hobby. She slowly built it up from there into the current fledgling business that it is. Here, she shares some insights into what she feels has made her business a success.

Tink is based in Indiana, where she hand stitches pillows, blankets, and more at Bedtime By Tink (BBT). Surrounded by a blanket obsessed family her whole life, the want for a special gift idea gave her the idea for BBT. In between being a single mom of two, being enrolled in college, and generally trying to navigate through life, she has managed to build a growing business.


What one thing did you have in mind when starting out?

I didn’t really have anything in mind. I began making blankets as gifts for family members; friends got interested and offered to buy items from me. I kind of let things lag there for a couple years. When I got pregnant this last time, I decided to make some items for my son. J Then after I lost my job, I decided to really put work into making a go of this business so that I didn’t have to worry about job security or being able to take care of my kids. Now it’s a matter of making money doing things I love.


What three things do you think make you successful?

My tenacity to keep going even when things may not seem to be going the way I originally intended! My ability to keep creating items people are interested in. I am still doing what I love and not just in it for the money.


Did you take a business course before starting up your business?

I was a business major in my local community college for 4 years before I started my business in a serious manner. Unfortunately, I dropped out and switched majors 15 classes away from earning my degree. L

What are your top three business tips?

Network!!!! Work hard!!! Never stop creating!!!!

What’s the best piece of creative advice you have ever been given?

2 comments:

  1. I like the watch Words - Network!!! Work Hard!!! and Never Stop Being Creative!!!!

    These are words to live by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are words that every new entrepreneur should be taught! I definitely agree!!! :)

    ReplyDelete